"If you ever do business with a religious son of a bitch, get it in writing because his word isn't worth sh_t... not with the good lord telling him how to f__k you on the deal!" -- William Burroughs
- The worst work with passionate intensity while the best have lost all conviction, to paraphrase Yeats. I regret having to quote an elitist, a mouth piece of justification for the "man," but there you have it. ...Where words make a fist... they are a weapon, who-so-ever's swinging them, eh? I'll appropriate a Yeats for good cause. Who indeed are the worst working with such passionate intensity. Not who we thought, I'm betting.
- Seriously, visit the bottom of the United States' AM radio dial sometime, anytime. ...When kids could be listening, eh? Treat yourself to some of the most effusively mendacious and revoltingly unreasonable expressions of mindless hatred imaginable. Sprung from the same dominator loin? They are but a turn and a wink from Islam, itself the current issue of that which is most violently and misogynisticly authoritarian in a dominator culture afflicting us at present. ...Though, who stood on whose neck first and why, eh? That's where real revelation begins...
- Islam is at least plain, verily! The up-tight fundy Christian stealthily (...less honorably?) prosecutes the same sociopathy in well appointed rectories and from ironic pulpits used to degrade quality of life. I digress...
- ...Back to our home-breed of narrow-minded-slack-jawed-and-mouth-breathing-fundy ditto-head? Ask one of these more bigoted psychopaths what Jesus thinks of an extraterrestrial hypothesis. Use small words...
- Untested faith explodes in your face like a lanced ripe boil. They'll answer too quickly like they *know* in their heart of hearts, but they'll say it in "tongues," then criticize your lack of *faith* for not "buying in" to or validating their (...apparently?) shallow, corrosive, and unintelligible non-explanation, wholesale. Follow the money, people, and know Newt Gingrich laughs at his supporters behind their backs.
- If it ain't them washed in the blood of a lamb? It's Satan! ...Hate on high-beams!
- Verily, and don't you just know it yourself? Too, they will castigate you furiously for not reflexively validating their intellectually insulting and self-serving cognitive mookery! Sorry, that needed to be said. Grok it in fullness.
- I knew an educated woman as smart and talented as can walk around unaided. You could leave her with your chickens. She had long been an ardent practitioner of that for which she "testifies." She is a card-carrying Christian, serious, that is to say not completely arbitrary or convenient. She had tried to walk the walk. She had a sweetness, an even disposition in the aggregate, and had raised, as far as they go, wonderful children...
- But watch that sweet countenance twist and snarl into a vicious spitting mask when her dogma was even reasonably questioned, reader—that gay people should be treated as human beings, or that creationism is an intellectual embarrassment without the remotest support save its self-facilitating and untested faith, or that some Aliens might not be demons, for example—and then wonder, good friend and fellow motes of consciousness, who the Devil really is!
- The devil sat before me eating coffee cake. The cross wearing devil sells us cars we can't afford, loosens fillings during a routine cleaning, and gets away with authoritarian behavior around kids so an authoritative behavior looks weak in a first comparison later on. The authoritarian person makes authoritative person's job needlessly harder.
- I once watched a guy at a church function make little kids cry for eating ice-cream before giving thanks to the "sweet baby Jesus." No child's parent dared say a word. A stranger at the group... I said nothing. Now, what's that all about? Does one think a "Jesus" would stand around and fondly condone such as that? I would suspect that Jesus was no authoritarian.
- See, it's NOT the mistakes made that matters so much, it's the mistakes not copped to that are, and have ever been, the problem. We haven't learned that we make mistakes so as to learn from them. That's why we reap what we sow (...it matters who did what to who — first, and why...), and all our problems are our own damned fault. Aliens, the ultimate sedition, are alternative to all that, I suspect. That's why it's ABA (anything but aliens) with the establishment, I'd wager.
- I additionally suspect that that's why they're pushed—when admitted to at all—far beyond arm's reach in mere microbiological forms to galaxies "far, far away" or to times "long, long ago."
- Right here on earth and entirely of our own accord we thoughtlessly manufacture the hells which vex and torment us because there is some valid confusion—busily facilitated by the *bad* guys—discerning who the good guys really are! I suggest a few of those good guys may be representative of the *other*. Alien... but there you have it. No apologies. "They" are precisely because "we" are, remember.
- ...What is the worst head eater out there compared to even the minions of Big Dick Cheney? ...and push a sock in it if you need to, we all know that was over the top. That's the problem you see? Why—apart from inoculation to real horror or a hurdle stepping up our game for same—do we have to endure a Cheney, too, on top of everything else?
- Until we figure 'good' and 'bad' out (...and just check fruit born, eh? It's that easy...or hard...), until we figure it out we will remain separated from our hearts desire, apart from an efficacious satisfaction, and divorced from anything else elevating and enlightening and likely to be out there... in a wide open and largely unexplored reality, a reality wherein which we are, perforce, bereft of perceiving the smallest slice.
- Still — that kingdom alluded to is at hand! ...Can't you feel it? ...Just a wink and a nod away. Yea and verily! [g]. If we really, really wanted that kingdom at hand, it would be here. We're just a little distracted from the task, is all. Remains the kingdom at hand, eh?
Restore John Ford! Read on.